The Facebook Pixel: What It Is and How to Use It, Customer Experiences & More: The Social Scoop 4/29/17
Woohoo, I’m back in San Diego after traveling almost nonstop in April – wow, what a whirlwind month…but, oh-so-gratifying! This past week, I had a wonderful time in San Francisco, leading Facebook marketing sessions at Marketo’s annual conference. Plus, meetings at Adobe’s HQ, and with the amazing team at Entefy – a startup that is building an amazing universal communication AI tool!
FACEBOOK UPDATES & FREE TRAININGS!
I was honored to be a guest on my good friend Mike Stelzner’s Social Media Marketing Podcast – where we discuss in-depth Facebook Marketing: Why It Is Time to Rethink Everything. Be sure to check the show notes and listen to the interview; we covered a lot of ground!
Coming up, please do join me for these free Facebook trainings:
- Tuesday, May 2nd – I’m delighted to unveil a brand new, free 3-part video training How To Get Started With Facebook Video Advertising brought to you by yours truly and my friends at video creation tool, Animoto. Both Animoto and I will be making announcements on the morning of May 2nd. I will provide a sneak peek of the video training via Facebook Live on my Page.
- Wednesday, May 3rd – plus, come join Jason @ Animoto and myself on their Facebook Page at 11am PT / 2pm ET for a Facebook Live video talk show!
- Thursday, May 4th – STAR WARS DAY! (May The Fourth Be With You!) – In honor of ‘Star Wars Day’ and my TEN year anniversary of being on Facebook, I’m teaming up with my good friends at BuzzSumo to bring you a free webinar How To Tap The Power Of Storytelling On Facebook Live. We will be broadcasting via Facebook Live on my Page at 12pm PT / 3pm ET / 8pm UK. Stay tuned, as we have plenty free goodies for you, including Star Wars’ prize giveaways + downloadable show notes. I’ll share more details ASAP. Meantime, save the date & time!
This Week’s Top 3 Articles
1. The Facebook Pixel: What It Is and How to Use It via Hootsuite.com
Facebook Pixel 101, here it is! Using Facebook’s pixel means you can improve the tracking on your campaigns, and get the most out of your advertising budget. It should be a key component of your Facebook advertising. As my friends at Mixpo.com say, “Pixels are the beating heart of an effective Facebook campaign.” Indeed!
2. Customer Experience Is The New Marketing And Customer Experiences Are The New Brand via BrianSolis.com
In the eyes of the customer, it’s the EXPERIENCES they have with your business that count. These experiences are what customers remember and share with others—whether they are good or bad. 86% of buyers will pay more for a better customer experience, but only 1% of customers feel that vendors consistently meet their expectations. Yikes!
3. 5 Facts Every Business Should Know About Facebook Lead Ads via BSquaredMedia.com
Tap, tap, done—this is how Facebook describes lead ads. Lead ads make it quick and easy for your prospect to opt in without even leaving Facebook, which results in higher response rates. To use lead ads successfully, check out these tips. Plus, at the recent Marketo summit, I got to attend a great session by Rachna Sethi, North America Performance Marketing Lead for Facebook — she shared that “filling out forms on mobile takes 38.5% longer than on desktop.” All the more reason to try Lead Ads. See my review of Rachna’s session here.
Okay, my friend, that’s a wrap for this issue of The Social Scoop. I hope you have an amazing week ahead and I look forward to connecting again very soon.