If Web Strategist, Jeremiah Owyang, says it – we gotta listen. “We” being anyone remotely interested in internet marketing. 🙂 Or, as it’s termed “Interactive Marketing.”
Jennifer Jones, of Marketing Voices, asks Jeremiah, “Where do you think Facebook will be in a year?”
Jeremiah responds, “Facebook is going to continue to grow. We’re going to see the middle class, white collar workers start adopting these tools more and more… It’s going to grow in the business workplace.”
Facebook may not be for everybody – you have to see if it’s the right demographic for you. Jeremiah says some of the key benefits to being on Facebook are:
- People are opting to provide massive amounts of information (intelligence) – their age, gender, location, interests, contacts.
- This provides the interactive marketer and business person tremendous opportunity to create more effective marketing, using a phased, flexible approach which may include:
- Deploy a free group.
- Create a sponsored group.
- Contextual advertising.
- Create a widget (application).
- Opportunity for viral growth, velocity – through word-of-mouth.
Come see Jeremiah Owyang as the keynote speaker at a special Web Community Forum event in Seattle, December 5th and 6th, 2007. I’ll see ya there!!