How To Trim Your Facebook Live Videos – New Facebook Feature!
You can now TRIM your Facebook Live videos… finally!! The ability to trim your live videos on Facebook is a long awaited feature.
I’m sure you’ve experienced times when the beginning of your Live broadcast doesn’t quite get off to the best start, and you want to trim off the opening section? Voila. Now you can!
Or, perhaps you’ve made a goof at the end of your video not realizing you were still broadcasting, ha! (Ahem, speaking from experience here!) Good news is you can also trim the end of your Facebook Live video as well, if you ever need to.
This works for any video you originally broadcast as a Facebook LIVE. (The feature does not work on uploaded videos as, presumably, you have already edited those the way you want!!)
See this short video tutorial on YouTube here or join the discussion on the same video tutorial on Facebook.
TRIM YOUR FACEBOOK LIVE VIDEOS – INSTRUCTIONS
- On desktop, go to your Facebook Page and find the Facebook Live video you want to trim.
- Click the 3 little dots on the post, then click Edit Video.
- Scroll to the bottom of the right pane and click Video Trimming.
- Drag the yellow scrubber and/or enter the exact timestamp you want for the new start of your video. The video content inside the yellow scrubber is what you’ll save and anything outside (beginning or end) will be trimmed off. You’ll want to play the video at the new starting point to make doubly sure you’re trimming at the right place!
- Hit Save.
Facebook will then send you a notification when your video was successfully trimmed. Depending on how long your video is, this can take several minutes.
Great new feature, yes? Will you use the new Facebook Trim Live Video feature?
Additional Facebook Live Features
In addition to this new Facebook Live video trim feature, the following are terrific features available for your Facebook Live videos, too:
- New Release
- Captions, including multiple languages
- Ad breaks
- Custom thumbnail
- Watch Parties
Facebook Live Video Software
If you’re a Mac user, like me, for sure check out my favorite Facebook Live video broadcasting software — Ecamm Live for Facebook! (affiliate link)
Otherwise, there’s Zoom, BlueJeans, BeLive.tv, OBS, vMix and more!
FREE Video Gear List
I’m frequently asked what camera, lighting and microphone I use to achieve such professional videos. I put everything together for you in a totally free download you can access here!