How To Contact Facebook: A Directory of 120+ Forms
If you’ve ever had an issue, bug or situation you needed to contact Facebook about, chances are you may have felt frustrated at how difficult it is to a) find HOW to contact Facebook and b) actually get a response.
Facebook used to provide some semblance of support via a series of email addresses, e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org. However, in an effort to better serve its members and scale the support, the only way to reach Facebook is through a vast array of custom forms. Thing is, all those forms are scattered throughout the Help Center and you can often go on a wild goose chase attempting to find the right one.
Help is at hand! I scoured Facebook (and Google!) for you and have compiled this helpful directory of Facebook’s contact forms. As I become aware of more, I’ll add to this directory.
UPDATE: How To Report Things – use this guide to show you exactly where to report content on Facebook.
Are we connected on Facebook? 🙂
To receive regular Facebook marketing tips and resources, and to ask any questions you may have, please connect with my Facebook Page here:
I also share tips on my Facebook profile – along with some personal, inspirational and motivational topics. Click the Follow button below:
PLEASE NOTE: Comments have been closed on this post as I am unable to personally respond to requests for additional support in trying to contact Facebook. I do not work for Facebook.
To quickly search through this directory, simply use the “Find” feature on your browser (usually Ctrl + F on PCs, and the Apple Key + F on Macs).
Facebook Security – Hacking, Phishing, Scams, Abuse
- If YOUR account or a FRIEND’s account has been hacked, immediately go to Security and follow the instructions.
- To report any kind of abuse or violation, go to Report a Violation and find your specific issue there.
- See also these two Facebook Pages for support on Security and Safety:
- Facebook Security
- Facebook Safety
NOTE: if you or someone you know is in physical danger of any kind due to bullying, harassment, stalking, threats etc., contact your local police immediately.
Facebook’s Fan Page Guidelines
Facebook’s Brand Permissions
- Here’s how you can/cannot use Facebook’s logo, trademarks, screenshots, name, etc: using Facebook Brand Assets.
- Do’s and Don’ts
- Top Questions
Facebook’s Terms and Policies
First, here are links to general areas of support:
- Facebook Help Center
- Facebook Location Basics
- Facebook Pages
- Facebook Known Issues
- Facebook Developer Group
- Facebook Security
- Facebook Safety
- Facebook Education
- Facebook Ads
- Facebook Marketing
- Non Profits on Facebook
Page Name Change
Report That Your Facebook Personal Account or Fan Page was Disabled
Report Issue with Confirming or Identifying Your Personal Account
- Get Help with the Account Recovery Process
- Impostor Account Data Request
- Report an Issue with Confirming Your Facebook Account
- Report an Issue with Verifying Your Account
- Report an Issue with Identifying Your Account
- Report an Issue with Phone Number already taken
Restore Content After Your Account Is Reactivated
- If, once your account is reactivated, your groups, events, notes or other content is missing, see Group Content Lost
- If the FIX button doesn’t bring back all content, use this form for lost content: Report Content Lost During Reactivation
- If Fan Pages that you are an Admin for have disappeared, use this form: Report Pages that Disappeared
Claim/Find Your Official Fan Page
- If you can’t find your fan Page in Search results, use this form: Page not Displaying in Search
- If you get a “Page Unavailable” error message, see this Help section then use this form: Report a Page Unavailable Error
Get Help With Facebook Groups & Events
- If you are unable to reclaim admin rights of a “closed” or “secret” group (because you left), visit I’ve lost access to a Group or Page I admin
- Unable to Post to a Group
- Can’t find Group in Search
- Unable to Add Someone To a Group
- Unable to Delete a Group
- Unable to Post to a Group
- Report an Issue with Message or Invitation Delivery
- Report an unavailable Group or Event
- How to delete/close a Group
NOTE: Once your group reaches 250 members, the option to message them will be removed. This measure is in place for technical reasons and to prevent spam. It is currently not possible to convert Groups into Pages.
Report Problems with Uploading Photos and Videos
- If you’re unable to select photos to upload
- Report an Issue with the Flash Uploader
- Photo uploader Issues
- Report an Issue with Disappearing Videos
- Video Uploading Issues
Reclaim Your Trademarked Username
Report Copyright and Intellectual Property Infringement
See also this Help Center page: How to Report Claims of Intellectual Property Infringement page
Get Help With Facebook Mobile
- Report a Login Issue
- Confirmation Code SMS (Text message) Issues
- Report an Issue with Verifying your Account
- Report an issue with Facebook Mobile, e.g. if you’re unable to upload photos or videos
- Contact the Facebook Credits Team about paying for Facebook Credits with your mobile phone
Get Help With Facebook Ads, Ad Credits / Report A Facebook Ad
- If you have a general question about Facebook Ads, contact the Facebook Ads Team here: Ready to Start Advertising?
- Submit Your Facebook Ads Success Story! If you’d be interested in having Facebook develop a Facebook Ads case study about your experience, write a description within 500 words as to how Facebook Ads helped you. You’ll receive a $50 Facebook Ads coupon if Facebook use your success story! Share Your Business Success Story!
- If you’ve had trouble redeeming a Facebook ad credit on your account: Ads Billing Inquiry
- Report an ad next to a profile, group, photo or other page within the site
- Report an ad you saw when you were using a Facebook application
Get Help With Facebook Credits
- If the payments functionality has been temporarily disabled on your account, use this form: Disabled Payments.
- Facebook Credits customer support: Facebook Payments Support.
Report Bugs and Error Messages
Include a screenshot whenever possible. There’s a browse/upload file for the image on certain forms where appropriate.
- Login/Password: Report a Login Issue
- Report A Bug on a Facebook (fan) Page: Report an Issue with Facebook Pages
- Friends: Report an Issue with Friend Requests
- Search: Report an Issue with Search
- Mobile: Report an Issue with Facebook on Mobile
- Photos: Report an Issue with Photos
- Problems Sending or Receiving Gifts: Contact Facebook Gifts Support
- Video: Report an Issue with Videos
- Groups: Report an Issue with Groups
- Events: Report an Issue with Events
- Notes: Report an Issue with Notes
- Confirmation Facebook Account Error: Report an Issue with Confirming Your Facebook Account
- Site Maintenance Error: Facebook Will be Back Soon Error
- Database Down Error: Facebook Will be Back Soon Error
- Oops Error Message: Report an Issue with Messages
- My Contact File or Address Book Won’t Import to Facebook: Report an Issue Importing Your Address Book
- Remove Imported Contacts: Remove All Imported Contacts
- I Tried to Use the Friend Finder: I’m Being Told I Entered the Wrong Password When Importing Contacts
- Inbox Messages: Report an Issue with Messages
- Inbox Not Loading: Report an Issue with Messages
- New Messages Aren’t Showing in Inbox: Report New Messages Aren’t Showing in Inbox
- Can’t scroll trhough my messages: Report Scrolling Problems
- Home Page (other issues): Report Something is Not Working on My Homepage
- Group or Event Request that won’t go away on your Home Page (after clearing cache/cookies): Report an Issue with Persistant Requests
- Comment Disappears: Report Comment Disappears
- Older Wall Posts Do Not Display: Report Older Wall Posts Aren’t Showing Up
- Posts Not Appearing In News Feed: Report Posts Not Appearing in News Feed
- Wall Posts Disappearing: Report an Issue with Timeline
- Wall Is Not Visible to Friends: Report an Issue with Timeline
- Not Receiving Site Notifications: Report an Issue with Notifications
- I’m Not Receiving Email Notifications: Report an Issue with Email Notifications
- Wall (other issues): Report an Issue with Timeline
- Page Not Found Errors
- Chat Disconnection: Report an Issue with Chat Disconnections
- Chat Bar Not Loading: Report an Issue with Chat Loading
- Online Friends Appear Offline: Chat Appears Turned Off for Friends
- Chat (other issues): Report an Issue with Chat
- For developers only, see this bug tracking system: Bugs
Report Hacking, Malicious Links, Scams
- My Account Has Been Hacked And I Have Access To My Login Email
- Report a malicious link or website (phishing)
- 419 Scam
- My friend’s account has been hacked
Report Unauthorized Content of Minors
- Report the Profile of an Underage Child (Under 13 Year Old): Report an Underaged Child
- Report the Profile of an Underage Child in South Korea and Spain (Under 14 Year Old – the laws are different in South Korea & Spain)
- Report an Unauthorized Photo – Under 13 Year Old Child To advise Facebook of photos of your child that are unauthorized, please use this form: Report a Privacy Rights Violation
- Report Unauthorized Non-Photo Content – Under 13 Year Old Child: Report a Privacy Rights Violation
- SEE ALSO: Privacy information for Parents
Report When A Friend/Family Member Dies – Memorialize a Profile
- Report a Deceased Person’s Profile (to have the profile removed or placed in a memorialized state): Memorialization Request
- If your own profile has been inadvertently turned into a memorialized state, use this form: Unable to Access Your Account
Submit Suggestions to Facebook
See the directory of Suggestion forms on Facebook here.
- Your Feedback About Places
- Your Feedback About the Home Page
- Your Feedback About Messages
- Your Feedback About Timeline
- Your Feedback About Graph Search
- Your Feedback About Events
- Your Feedback About Groups
- Your Feedback About Photos
- Your Feedback About Videos
- Your Feedback About Notes
- Your Feedback About Facebook Mobile
- Your Feedback About Pages
- Your Feedback About Privacy Settings
- Your Facebook Ads Suggestion
- Your Feedback About Notifications and Emails
- Your Feedback About Facebook
Delete Your Account
- Use this form to permanently delete your account: Delete my Account
I trust this compilation is helpful to you!
Remember, you can often find solutions to your issues by doing a simple search of Facebook’s Help Center. Use the appropriate forms listed here in the event you cannot find a solution and need to contact Facebook.
For Facebook marketing tips and resources please subscribe to my Facebook profile – just click the Subscribe button below. I also share some personal, inspirational and motivational topics:
and join my fan page for Facebook marketing tips, resources, links, FAQs, and support – just click the Like button below:
PLEASE NOTE: Comments have now been CLOSED on this post. Please do *not* call or email my offices with Facebook issues, as I am unable to provide Facebook tech support, due to sheer volume and due to the fact I do not work for Facebook so am unable to provide direct assistance with various issues.If you are unable to contact Facebook directly through any of these forms, unfortunately, you just need to keep trying. Thank you!