[Last updated: December 2020] If you’ve ever had a reason to contact Facebook, chances are you may have felt frustrated at how difficult it is to get any support. For example, whether you’ve been locked out of your Facebook account, your account got hacked, your Facebook Ad Account got shut down for no good reason, you’ve discovered a bug, or you need a profile of a deceased loved one to be memorialized, then you’ll definitely want to contact Facebook!
However, getting any semblance of a response from a real person at Facebook seems nigh on impossible! HOW exactly do you reach someone at Facebook and how do you actually get a response? I’ve got you covered in this directory that I first started in 2010 and my team and keep updated!
Facebook used to provide a modicum of support via a series of email addresses, e.g. email@example.com. However, in an effort to better serve its members and scale the support, the only way to reach Facebook is through a VAST array of custom forms. Thing is, all those forms are scattered throughout the Help Center and you can often go on a complete and utter wild goose chase attempting to find the right one. Grr!
Help is at hand! My team and I scoured Facebook (and Google!) for you and have compiled this helpful directory of Facebook’s contact forms. As we become aware of more, I’ll add to this directory.
UPDATE: Use Facebook’s guide to show you exactly where and how to report abusive content or spam on Facebook. How To Report Things.
Are we connected on Facebook? 🙂
First, to receive Facebook marketing tips, news, resources, and sense-making updates via regular Facebook Lives, and/or to ask any questions you may have, please follow my Facebook Page here:
PLUS, be sure to join my Social Scoop Facebook Group with 15k members and absolutely tons of peers support. My team and I moderate this group very closely to ensure a strong culture of high quality, positivity, transparency, inclusivity, compassion and helpful support.
Mari Smith's Social Scoop
PLEASE NOTE: Comments have been closed on this post as I am unable to personally respond to requests for additional support in trying to contact Facebook. I do not work for Facebook.
To quickly search through this directory, simply use the “Find” feature on your browser (usually Ctrl + F on PCs or Cmd + F on Macs).
Facebook Security – Hacking, Phishing, Scams, Abuse
- If YOUR account or a FRIEND’s account has been hacked, immediately go to Security and follow the instructions.
- To report any kind of abuse or violation, go to Report Something on Facebook and find your specific issue there.
- See also these two Facebook Pages for support on Security and Safety:
- Facebook Security
- Facebook Safety
NOTE: if you or someone you know is in physical danger of any kind due to bullying, harassment, stalking, threats etc., contact your local police immediately.
Facebook’s Page Guidelines
Facebook’s Brand Permissions
- Here’s how you can/cannot use Facebook’s logo, trademarks, screenshots, name, etc: using Facebook Brand Assets.
- Do’s and Don’ts
- Top Questions
Facebook’s Terms and Policies
First, here are links to general areas of support:
- Facebook Help Center
- Facebook Location Basics
- Facebook Pages
- Facebook Bugs and Known Issues
- Facebook Developer Group
- Facebook Security
- Facebook Safety
- Facebook Education
- Facebook Ads
- Facebook Marketing
- Non Profits on Facebook
Page Name Change
Report That Your Facebook Personal Account or Fan Page was Disabled
Report Issue with Confirming or Identifying Your Personal Account
- Recover an Old Facebook Account
- Impersonation and Hacked Account
- Report an Issue with Confirming Your Facebook Account
- Report an Issue with Verifying Your Account
- Report an Issue with Identifying Your Account
- Report an Issue with Phone Number already taken
Restore Content After Your Account Is Reactivated
- If, once your account is reactivated, your groups, events, notes or other content is missing, see Group Content Lost
- If the FIX button doesn’t bring back all content, use this form for lost content: Report Content Lost During Reactivation
- If Fan Pages that you are an Admin for have disappeared, use this form: Report Pages that Disappeared
Claim/Find Your Official Fan Page
- If you can’t find your fan Page in Search results, use this form: Page not Displaying in Search
- If you get a “Page Unavailable” error message, see this Help section then use this form: Report a Page Unavailable Error
Get Help With Facebook Groups & Events
- If you are unable to reclaim admin rights of a “closed” or “secret” group (because you left), visit I’ve lost access to a Group or Page I admin
- Unable to Post to a Group
- Can’t find Group in Search
- Unable to Add Someone To a Group
- Unable to Delete a Group
- Report an Issue with Message or Invitation Delivery
- Report an unavailable Group or Event
- How to delete/close a Group
NOTE: Once your group reaches 250 members, the option to message them will be removed. This measure is in place for technical reasons and to prevent spam. It is currently not possible to convert Groups into Pages.
Report Problems with Uploading Photos and Videos
- If you’re unable to select photos to upload
- Report an Issue with the Flash Uploader
- Photo uploader Issues
- Report an Issue with Disappearing Videos
- Video Uploading Issues
Reclaim Your Trademarked Username
Report Copyright and Intellectual Property Infringement
See also this Help Center page: How to Report Claims of Intellectual Property Infringement page
Get Help With Facebook Mobile
- Report a Login Issue
- Confirmation Code SMS (Text message) Issues
- Report an Issue with Verifying your Account
- Report a Problem
Get Help With Facebook Ads, Ad Credits / Report A Facebook Ad
- If you have a general question about Facebook Ads, contact the Facebook Ads Team here: Ready to Start Advertising?
- Submit Your Facebook Ads Success Story! If you’d be interested in having Facebook develop a Facebook Ads case study about your experience, write a description within 500 words as to how Facebook Ads helped you. You’ll receive a $50 Facebook Ads coupon if Facebook use your success story! Share Your Business Success Story!
- Facebook ad credits
- Report an ad next to a profile, group, photo or other page within the site
- Report an ad you saw when you were using a Facebook application
Get Help With Facebook Payments
- If the payments functionality has been temporarily disabled on your account, use this form: Disabled Payments.
Report Bugs and Error Messages
Include a screenshot whenever possible. There’s a browse/upload file for the image on certain forms where appropriate.
- Login/Password: Report a Login Issue
- Report A Bug on a Facebook (fan) Page: Report an Issue with Facebook Pages
- Friends: Report an Issue with Friend Requests
- Search: Report an Issue with Search
- Mobile: Report an Issue with Facebook on Mobile
- Photos: Report an Issue with Photos
- Problems Sending or Receiving Gifts: Contact Facebook Gifts Support
- Video: Report an Issue with Videos
- Groups: Report an Issue with Groups
- Events: Report an Issue with Events
- Notes: Report an Issue with Notes
- Pages: Report an Issue with Facebook Pages
- Confirmation Facebook Account Error: Report an Issue with Confirming Your Facebook Account
- Site Maintenance Error: Facebook Will be Back Soon Error
- Database Down Error: Facebook Will be Back Soon Error
- Oops Error Message: Report an Issue with Messages
- My Contact File or Address Book Won’t Import to Facebook: Report an Issue Importing Your Address Book
- Remove Imported Contacts: Remove All Imported Contacts
- I Tried to Use the Friend Finder: I’m Being Told I Entered the Wrong Password When Importing Contacts
- Inbox Messages: Report an Issue with Messages
- Inbox Not Loading: Report an Issue with Messages
- New Messages Aren’t Showing in Inbox: Report New Messages Aren’t Showing in Inbox
- Home Page (other issues): Report Something is Not Working on My Homepage
- Group or Event Request that won’t go away on your Home Page (after clearing cache/cookies): Report an Issue with Persistant Requests
- Comment Disappears: Report Comment Disappears
- Older Wall Posts Do Not Display: Report Older Wall Posts Aren’t Showing Up
- Posts Not Appearing In News Feed: Report Posts Not Appearing in News Feed
- Wall Posts Disappearing: Report an Issue with Timeline
- Wall Is Not Visible to Friends: Report an Issue with Timeline
- Not Receiving Site Notifications: Report an Issue with Notifications
- I’m Not Receiving Email Notifications: Report an Issue with Email Notifications
- Wall (other issues): Report an Issue with Timeline
- Page Not Found Errors
- Chat Bar Not Loading: Report an Issue with Chat Loading
- Online Friends Appear Offline: Chat Appears Turned Off for Friends
- Messenger Chat (other issues): Report an Issue with Chat
- For developers only, see this bug tracking system: Bugs
Report Hacking, Malicious Links, Scams
- My Account Has Been Hacked And I Have Access To My Login Email
- Report a malicious link or website (phishing) — or you can always report strange emails to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- My friend’s account has been hacked
- Report Problems with Facebook or Instagram Advertisers
- Report Suicidal Content
- Violation of the Facebook Terms: Report a Violation of the Facebook Terms
- Report a Threatening Message
Report Unauthorized Content of Minors
- Report the Profile of an Underage Child (Under 13 Year Old): Report an Underaged Child
- Report the Profile of an Underage Child in South Korea and Spain (Under 14 Year Old – the laws are different in South Korea & Spain): Report an Underage Child in South Korea and Spain
- Report an Unauthorized Photo – Under 13 Year Old Child To advise Facebook of photos of your child that are unauthorized, please use this form: Report a Privacy Rights Violation
- Report Unauthorized Non-Photo Content – Under 13 Year Old Child: Report a Privacy Rights Violation
- SEE ALSO: Privacy information for Parents
Report When A Friend/Family Member Dies – Memorialize a Profile
- Report a Deceased Person’s Profile (to have the profile removed or placed in a memorialized state): Memorialization Request
- If your own profile has been inadvertently turned into a memorialized state, use this form: Unable to Access Your Account
Submit Suggestions to Facebook
See the directory of Suggestion forms on Facebook here.
- Your Feedback About Places
- Your Feedback About the Home Page
- Your Feedback About Messages
- Your Feedback About Timeline
- Your Feedback About Graph Search
- Your Feedback About Events
- Your Feedback About Groups
- Your Feedback About Photos
- Your Feedback About Videos
- Your Feedback About Notes
- Your Feedback About Facebook Mobile
- Your Feedback About Pages
- Your Feedback About Privacy Settings
- Your Facebook Ads Suggestion
- Your Feedback About Notifications and Emails
- Your Feedback About Facebook
Delete Your Account
- Use this form to permanently delete your account: Delete my Account
I trust this compilation is helpful to you!
Remember, you can often find solutions to your issues by doing a simple search of Facebook’s Help Center. Use the appropriate forms listed here in the event you cannot find a solution and need to contact Facebook.
PLEASE NOTE: Comments have now been CLOSED on this post. Please do not call or email my offices with Facebook issues, as I am unable to provide Facebook tech support, due to sheer volume and due to the fact I do not work for Facebook so am unable to provide direct assistance with various issues. If you are unable to contact Facebook directly through any of these forms, unfortunately, you just need to keep trying. Thank you!