- The ability to GO LIVE on Facebook from your web browser (laptop or desktop),
- Facebook Live Contributor Role for fan Pages (designate specific friends/people to go live on your Page,
- Video metrics for public videos on personal profiles (Timelines) with more than 5,000 followers. (This will be interesting to see if more users start broadcasting Live videos publicly vs. to friends only; and also seek to grow their followers. Hm!)
- 5. & 6. … see my write-up on Facebook for more details.
Plus, I added my own shortlist of Facebook Live feature requests still to come!
If you’re not integrating regular Facebook Live broadcasts into your 2017 marketing plans, you definitely should!
While creating my 2016 year in review video, I just counted up that I’ve done over 140 live webinars and Facebook Lives. I bet I’ll more than double that this year! Video on Facebook gets the best organic reach and engagement. Plus, you can remarket to people who watch specific amounts of your video!
As my good friend Ezra Firestone says, “Native Facebook Video Ads are the perfect top of funnel conversion asset.” Yes!
This Week’s Top 3 Articles
Next up, here are this week’s top three articles that my team and I selected for you!
1. How to Automatically Generate Captions on Your Facebook Videos via WeRSM.com
Facebook research has shown that most users react negatively to videos that start to play with the sound on. Using captions on a silent video is a good way to get people’s attention so they pause scrolling through their news feed. Captions are now available not just on ads, but on all videos published by pages. This is a very helpful post that shows you how to automatically generate captions so your video engages more people.
2. 10 Ways to Save Time in Creating Content via ContentMarketingInstitute.com
We all want to save time and we also want to create quality content. The good news is the two aren’t mutually exclusive! There are some terrific tips here and surely several you can start using to reduce the amount of time you spend on your content marketing without cutting corners when it comes to quality.
3. Strategies You Need to Try in 2017, According to 13 Digital Marketing Experts via Unbounce.com
It’s that time again when we are all planning our marketing for the year. Having a strategy that includes what we want to achieve makes it so much easier to know where we need to focus our energy. What are some of today’s digital marketing experts considering for their year? Read on to find out and get inspiration for your own plans!
That’s all for this week’s issue of The Social Scoop. I hope you have a lovely weekend and week ahead!