If you own a digital agency, or you’re a social media professional that makes content for your clients, this is for you.
Marketing today is hard! The average tenure of CMO’s is just 3.5 years. The lowest of all C-suite and the lowest since 2009. Why? Because marketing today is extremely challenging!
So, let’s SIMPLIFY!!
If you focus on making your Facebook content around 70% video, you’ll see significantly better results. Video on Facebook gets the BEST reach, engagement, and conversion rates. It’s true. But so few businesses and agencies truly understand the STRATEGY part of success with video marketing. Plus, most businesses think video creation is difficult and expensive.
It’s not about shoving a ton of video on your page and hoping for more engagement. You need to lead your audience on a journey and through your funnel.
VIDEO on both Facebook and Instagram—both organic and paid—is more important than ever for you and your clients.
I recently lead this special training via Facebook Live and teamed up with my good friends at InVideo. I’ve written out the key points of the training in this blog post. However, definitely watch the video training as well where I walk you through:
- how to generate leads & revenue for your clients with video (using the highest ROI campaigns)
- the exact right type of video for every stage of the funnel (most people are missing this!)
- the 3 biggest bottlenecks for video (and how you can easily overcome them!)
Here’s a very easy way to create top quality, professional video content for you and your clients. Use InVideo, the world’s easiest video creation software. Friends of Mari can save 50% on an InVideo account. Just $60/yr. Go to invideo.io/marismith & use code MARI50
Video For Every Stage of the Funnel
You’ve likely heard of TOFU, MOFU and BOFU. These are fun acronyms that refer to the typical sales funnel. They stand for Top of funnel, Middle of funnel, and Bottom of funnel. That is, for each stage of your customer journey—from complete stranger (cold audience), to quality lead/prospect (warm audience), converted to a paying customer (hot audience)—you need different content.
The three stages of your funnel map nicely to the layout of Facebook’s ad objectives:
For all TOFU, MOFU and BOFU videos:
- Place your brand/logo/key message within the first 3 seconds
- Make it compelling and engaging, ideally with an emotional connection
- Capture attention instantly
- Instagram feed: 1:1 square (or 16×9 landscape)
- Facebook feed: test 16×9 landscape, 1:1 square, or 4:5 or 2:3 vertical
- Stories: 9×16 vertical (although any video format will be adjusted and can be placed in Stories)
TOFU: Videos for the top of your funnel
- Length: 30-60 seconds
- Target audience = cold (your customer avatar/persona that is not yet familiar with you/your brand/your product or service)
- Include the core essence of what your entire campaign is about
- Your goal with these videos is to build awareness
MOFU: Videos for the middle of your funnel
- Length: 15-30 seconds (notice you’re going for a shorter video now that the audience has been exposed to your initial message/campaign)
- Target audience = warm (your ideal prospect that has engaged with your content, watched your first videos, opted in to your email list, etc.)
- Connect the narrative of your key message with how your product/service serves that narrative
- 95% of visuals used in your MOFU videos should come from your TOFU videos or you’ll lose your audience. This isn’t the time to get too creative and fancy and introduce new ideas that aren’t related to the core message.
BOFU: Videos for the bottom of your funnel
- Length: 5-15 seconds (now, we’re going for even shorter as you’ve ideally already captured the attention of your key audience)
- Target audience = hot (prospects that are now already familiar with you; they have engaged with you across social media and/or via email and/or on your website; they are ready to buy)
- In terms of content for these shortest videos, you don’t need to repeat what you did before, but do use the same visuals to anchor the message again
- Here is where you’ll do the bulk of your retargeting/remarketing as well, using 1) Facebook Video Views Custom Audiences, 2) Website Traffic Audiences from your Facebook Pixel, and 3) your email list of hot prospects.
Think of television advertising where it costs money per second/minute of air time for commercials. This isn’t the case with digital video advertising. However, there is a similar concept here insofar as you would see a longer commercial to build awareness, followed by shorter ones building on the same core message, and then even shorter ones that just serve as a reminder for you to go make that buying decision!
3 Big Bottlenecks (Reasons why you get stuck making video content for your clients!)
The three big blocks to video success are COST, TIME and EFFORT.
So many businesses avoid creating video content because they think it has to be like traditional video where you go out and do a custom shoot. You need to invest in a video crew, all the gear, hire a production company, video editor, etc. The process can take weeks, months, even. And the expenses add up.
However, it doesn’t have to be this way! When you use a powerful online video creation tool like InVideo, you’ll have access to a total video funnel solution.
Create stunning videos in under ten minutes! InVideo includes:
- Around 4,000 templates for practically every possible use case
- Over 1 million premium photos and videos you can use in your video creations (from Shutterstock)
- And intuitive and powerful editor with the world’s first intelligent video assistant ‘IVA’
- Plus, add auto text to speech in every major language and multiple accents that solves for not being able to record a professional VO!!
- Access to 24*7 live support (yes, really!)
- And, a Facebook community of more than 5000 fellow marketers that share ideas and inspiration so you’re never alone on this journey
InVideo gives you the speed and economy of creating professional videos for your clients. You’ll easily be able to try out 3-4 lean marketing iterations in a fraction of the time that it can take for traditional client approval cycle.
TOFU, MOFU, BOFU Video Ad Examples
Let’s take a look at this fabulous campaign by Under Armour for their intelligent running shoe, HOVR™? MACHINA.
Top of funnel = 30 second video
Introducing the HOVR ™ MACHINA. We’ve crafted the ultimate running shoe that syncs with UA MapMyRun to provide you with real-time Form Coaching based on your running metrics.
Middle of funnel = 12-15 second video (multiple versions)
Bottom of funnel = 6 second videos (multiple versions)
See more fun examples
Watch the training on YouTube if you prefer:
Get Your InVideo Account Today and Create A More Profitable Agency
You can make your digital agency much more profitable and get better results for your clients, whether you’re a solo social media professional, or a small to medium sized agency. Create professional videos for your clients in minutes, map out a story arc, use the right videos for the right part of the funnel and see your ROAS increase!
Special! Here’s an easy way to create top quality, professional video content for you and your clients. Use InVideo. Friends of Mari can save 50% on an InVideo account: the world’s easiest video creation software. Just $60/yr. Go to invideo.io/marismith & use code MARI50